Evans Analytical Group® (EAG) supports product development and manufacturing in the pharmaceutical industry, providing surface and microanalytical techniques aimed at characterizing new formulations, evaluating new production processes, and identifying unknown contaminants. We also help solve problems related to drug delivery systems (patches, pills, liquids etc.).
- Determination of % crystallinity of pharmaceutical components
- Identification and quantification of polymorphs
- Determination of elemental contaminants in packaging, ingredients and final products
- Chemical imaging and analysis of drug products
- Identifying unknown contaminants in/on final products
- Analysis of layer structure and chemical composition of timed release coatings
- Evaluation of particle size and composition of powdered drugs used in inhalers
- Identification of unknown metabolic precipitates in animal tissue
- Analysis and identification of unknown materials found during manufacturing
- Materials characterization and failure analysis of drug delivery products, such as patches, inhalers, etc.
- Patent violation investigation
- Reverse engineering
- Glass delamination in pharmaceutical packaging (USP <1660>)